Each employee working around scaffolds will recognize definitions and types of scaffolds, the potential hazards connected with their use, including electrical, structural instability, falls, and falling objects, and will demonstrate proper use of procedures required for working on or near scaffolds.
Expected Completion Time: 30 minutes
• 29 CFR 1926.450, 1926.451, 1926.452
• Define common types of scaffolds and terms associated with their use.
• Identify hazards associated with scaffolds.
• Recognize who may build and design scaffolds.
• Recognize required safe practices for working on or near scaffolds.
• Identify fall protection requirements specific to work on scaffolds.
• Identify requirements for operating and working in aerial lifts.