January 25-26, 2024 Apex Recreation Center, Arvada Colorado (In Person)
Contact us for a personal course for your organization
Contact us for Primer Course options
Contact us to create a course for your organization
UPCOMING 2023 COURSES
Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Course
The Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Course is a two day training program and is designed to meet the needs of those working in public and semi-public recreational pool or water park facilities. The AFO Course offers unique discussions on risk management and pool management as well as training in proper water chemistry, water chemistry challenges and solutions. Upon successful completion of the AFO Course and 50 question open book exam, participants will be certified for 5 years by the National Certification Board in coordination with the National Recreation and Park Association.
Who Should Attend:
Aquatic Directors, Recreation Directors, Water Park Directors, Pool Managers, Aquatic Supervisor, Resort/Hotel/Motel staff and any staff member responsible for the operation, maintenance and management of an aquatic facility.
Course includes two days of instruction, course manual, certification and exam fee. Lunch on the second day is sponsored by CEM Sales and Service. Contact us for hotel accommodations for all sites.
Fee: $350 · Renewal: $150 Exam Only (must have current AFO certification)
Certified Pool Operator (CPO®) Primer Course
About the CPO Primer Course
The Primer Certified Pool & Spa Operator Course (CPO) is an on-line/one day training program and is designed to meet the needs of those working in public and semi-public recreational pool or water park facilities. The CPO Course offers unique discussions on risk management and pool management as well as training in proper water chemistry, water chemistry challenges and solutions. Upon successful completion of the on-line Primer CPO Course, review and open book exam, participants will be certified for 5 years by the Pool & Hot Tub Alliance . The on-line portion is approx. 8.5 hrs.
Who Should Attend
Aquatic Directors, Recreation Directors, Water Park Directors, Pool mangers, Aquatic Supervisors, Resort/Hotel/Motel Staff, and any staff member responsible for the operation, maintenance and management of an aquatic facility.
$350 includes on-line code, instruction, review, all certification fees, course text and exam fees.
Certified Pool Operator (CPO®) Course
CPO® certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. The Certified Pool/Spa Operator® certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 342,623 successful CPO® certifications in 86 countries. Many state and local health departments accept the CPO® certification program.
Instructors receive comprehensive training and certification to teach the CPO® certification program. These instructors represent every segment in the aquatics industry including operators, health officials, service professionals, builders, manufacturers, property managers, retailers, and academicians. This training has helped protect millions of swimmers by reducing hazards at aquatic facilities.
· The CPO® certification program requires participation in either a two-day class (14-16 hours) taught by a certified instructor or the blended format that combines the online Pool Operator Primer™ and one day of the Pool Operator Fusion™ class of instruction
· The CPO® certification program includes pool and spa chemistry, testing, treatment, filtration, maintenance, automatic feeding equipment, and government requirements
· The CPO® certification program requires an open book written examination
· The CPO® certification is valid for five years
· Proven educational tool
· Widely accepted by local and state authorities
· Covers topics necessary for pool operators including a section for local and state codes
· Comprehensive handbook that is updated regularly
· All courses are taught by NSPF® certified instructors
· The CPO® certification is recognized nationally and internationally
· Gives participants a better understanding of the operator’s role in pool care, management and risk reduction
The CPO® Certification program is now eligible for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs)